Shadow Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Clint Attacked Me With Cats!!!

Go down 
+9
Lord Saxman
Polyfractal
Gnomish Mustard
Kadie Prince
Six
narbsy
zzz_elchingon
OmfgU8MyRice
oscar
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
oscar

oscar

Number of posts : 69
Registration date : 2007-02-22

Clint Attacked Me With Cats!!! Empty
PostSubject: Clint Attacked Me With Cats!!!   Clint Attacked Me With Cats!!! Icon_minitimeThu Mar 22, 2007 3:18 am

Clint just attacked me with Cats, lowered my Granary from 10 to 3and took off with a lot of resources.
He sent:
-142 Axemen
-10 Teutonic Knights
-13 Cataputls
-1 Hero
Normally he just sends 50-100 axemen and gets nothing.
I guess he decided to step it up a notch. That just means so do I.
Back to top Go down
OmfgU8MyRice

OmfgU8MyRice

Number of posts : 528
Registration date : 2007-02-23

PostSubject: Re: Clint Attacked Me With Cats!!!   Clint Attacked Me With Cats!!! Icon_minitimeThu Mar 22, 2007 3:48 am

Do you think that is his whole army?
Back to top Go down
OmfgU8MyRice

OmfgU8MyRice

PostSubject: Re: Clint Attacked Me With Cats!!!   Clint Attacked Me With Cats!!! Icon_minitimeThu Mar 22, 2007 3:51 am

Are you close to your second village because i noticed you reinforced my village with 2 settlers the other day(maybe yesterday i cant remember).
Back to top Go down
oscar

oscar

PostSubject: Re: Clint Attacked Me With Cats!!!   Clint Attacked Me With Cats!!! Icon_minitimeThu Mar 22, 2007 3:53 am

A would asume so, but then again he is ranked #8 player, and #10 attacker.
I guess there Is only one way to find out.
Back to top Go down
OmfgU8MyRice

OmfgU8MyRice

PostSubject: Re: Clint Attacked Me With Cats!!!   Clint Attacked Me With Cats!!! Icon_minitimeThu Mar 22, 2007 3:55 am

Ill send you my hero for now and we will work out something with the other on how to deal with this. Maybe try talking to him.
Back to top Go down
oscar

oscar

PostSubject: Re: Clint Attacked Me With Cats!!!   Clint Attacked Me With Cats!!! Icon_minitimeThu Mar 22, 2007 4:02 am

Thanks. I will message him in a minute after I calm down. I don't want to accidently type all the things I am thinking and shouting.
Back to top Go down
OmfgU8MyRice

OmfgU8MyRice

PostSubject: Re: Clint Attacked Me With Cats!!!   Clint Attacked Me With Cats!!! Icon_minitimeThu Mar 22, 2007 4:10 am

Good idea. My hero gets back to my village in 40 minutes. After that ill send him to you.
Back to top Go down
zzz_elchingon

Number of posts : 475
Registration date : 2007-03-02

PostSubject: Any way to retaliate?   Clint Attacked Me With Cats!!! Icon_minitimeThu Mar 22, 2007 9:26 am

Do you have an army large enough to retaliate? I'm 5 or six hours away, I can send reinforcements and my hero if you need it. It sounded in your messages that you have it under control. Don't hesitate to request help: I need help!

Let me/us know and I'll send all I can.
Back to top Go down
narbsy

narbsy

Number of posts : 619

PostSubject: Re: Clint Attacked Me With Cats!!!   Clint Attacked Me With Cats!!! Icon_minitimeThu Mar 22, 2007 9:56 am

If you need troops, just ask.. I've got ~80 praets ready and willing to die for this alliance Very Happy
Back to top Go down
oscar

oscar

PostSubject: Re: Clint Attacked Me With Cats!!!   Clint Attacked Me With Cats!!! Icon_minitimeThu Mar 22, 2007 2:26 pm

Thank you all. I just recieved a mass amount of reinforcements.
Clint sent off another attack and was destroyed.
-142 Axemen
-12 Toutonic Knights
-20 Catapults
-1 Hero

A moment in silence for the 127 of our troops that lost their lives in this couragous battle.
Back to top Go down
Six

Six

Number of posts : 221
Registration date : 2007-02-25

PostSubject: Re: Clint Attacked Me With Cats!!!   Clint Attacked Me With Cats!!! Icon_minitimeThu Mar 22, 2007 2:27 pm

Subject: Schloss attacks Gwyrneth-Ra Domain
Sent: on 03/22/07 at 02:17:14 pm

Attacker clint from the village Schloss

Units 0 0 142 0 0 12 0 20 0 0 1
Casualties 0 0 142 0 0 12 0 20 0 0 1
Info Residence lowered from level 10 to 7
Bounty 0 0 0 0

Defender Reinforcement

Units 20 0 0 0 12 4 0 0 0 0 2
Casualties 14 0 0 0 8 3 0 0 0 0 1

Defender Oscar from the village Gwyrneth-Ra Domain

Units 75 0 1 0 16 0 0 0 0 0 1
Casualties 53 0 1 0 11 0 0 0 0 0 0

Defender Reinforcement

Units 0 0 0 0 21 30 0 0 0 0 1
Casualties 0 0 0 0 15 21 0 0 0 0 0

I LOVE THIS - GOOD JOB GUYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
THAT WAS A REALLY EXPENSIVE ATTACK FOR HIM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
oscar

oscar

PostSubject: Re: Clint Attacked Me With Cats!!!   Clint Attacked Me With Cats!!! Icon_minitimeThu Mar 22, 2007 2:34 pm

My pathfinders came back from the scout I sent them on while the attack was on:
Schloss
-4 scouts
-32 paladins
-1 Teutonic Knight.
I tried Fortis, but scouts did not come back.

He seem to be content on keeping me from getting my second village. He knocked my residence to a lvl. 7. This is after killing my settler, before I had a chance to use or hide it, yesterday.
Back to top Go down
Kadie Prince

Kadie Prince

Number of posts : 108
Registration date : 2007-03-04

PostSubject: Re: Clint Attacked Me With Cats!!!   Clint Attacked Me With Cats!!! Icon_minitimeThu Mar 22, 2007 3:20 pm

Well, we made a good showing, so the loss of troops was worth it.
Back to top Go down
Gnomish Mustard

Gnomish Mustard

Number of posts : 170
Registration date : 2007-03-01

PostSubject: Re: Clint Attacked Me With Cats!!!   Clint Attacked Me With Cats!!! Icon_minitimeThu Mar 22, 2007 3:23 pm

Oscar wrote:
My pathfinders came back from the scout I sent them on while the attack was on:
Schloss
-4 scouts
-32 paladins
-1 Teutonic Knight.
I tried Fortis, but scouts did not come back.

He seem to be content on keeping me from getting my second village. He knocked my residence to a lvl. 7. This is after killing my settler, before I had a chance to use or hide it, yesterday.

Okay, then here is what I recommend:
Cease all ideas of making a second village. If you make one and he catapults it to zero it will go away completely, unless you make it your capital.
Focus on armor upgrades, wall upgrades, and lots and lots of defensive troops. Once your defense is in place and he respects you then we can move on to a second village.

Obviously, I don't know the whole situation, but that is my recommendation.

Mustard Out
Back to top Go down
http://www.theoriginalgamer.com
narbsy

narbsy

Number of posts : 619

PostSubject: Re: Clint Attacked Me With Cats!!!   Clint Attacked Me With Cats!!! Icon_minitimeThu Mar 22, 2007 6:54 pm

Yeah. Shore everything up; destroying all his troops is either going to make him attack you more, or make him stop attacking until he has sufficient force to kill you.

Cranny that ish up, and defensively troopify as GM said.

Walls help immensely with defending troops, and so does upgrades, though they are expensive. Pick one unit and upgrade it as far as you reasonably can, and then move on to another defensive unit.
Back to top Go down
Polyfractal

Polyfractal

Number of posts : 366

PostSubject: Re: Clint Attacked Me With Cats!!!   Clint Attacked Me With Cats!!! Icon_minitimeThu Mar 22, 2007 7:32 pm

I'm going to disagree slightly. Unit upgrades are great, but not this early in the game. If I remember correctly, each upgrade adds 1.5% (so for an armor upgrade, it adds 1.5% defense to the unit's base defense).

This early in the game, its much more cost effective to just make one more defensive unit for nearly the same price. Here is an example:

Praetorian
Lvl 0: 65 / 35
Lvl 1: 65.975 / 35.525
Lvl 5: 69.875 / 37.625

Two Lvl 0 Praet's: 130 / 70

Its so much more cost effective right now just to make some new troops. Now later in the game, when you have hundreds or thousands of troops and crop becomes a serious issue, these upgrades will be huge. Until then, I wouldn't waste the resources.

Just my $.02
Back to top Go down
Six

Six

PostSubject: Re: Clint Attacked Me With Cats!!!   Clint Attacked Me With Cats!!! Icon_minitimeThu Mar 22, 2007 8:36 pm

That is correct PF. On S1, I trained 1K Swords before I even started upgrading their weapons......So nice when I can use them on something other than farming raids Smile
Back to top Go down
hamburgl

PostSubject: Re: Clint Attacked Me With Cats!!!   Clint Attacked Me With Cats!!! Icon_minitimeThu Mar 22, 2007 9:00 pm

I strongly disagree on upgrades - a wall helps a defender who is recieving a LOT of reinf... I'd say if it is not TOO expensive, build only to lvl 10 for now...

Upgrades - nahh. Anyone want to do the math on getting a Foundry up to lvl 10, say, and upgrading Prats to a lvl 10 Def? How much resources does that cost - let's just stick with the iron...

If one has 100 Prats, at lvl 10 they will defend as if they are, what, (2% per level * 100 =) around 120. Just build those 20+ extra Prats for now... Upgrades later, troops NOW is the best motto. You may want to build your Foundry/BS up a FEW lvls, to give you the option of researching when there is incoming... good way to burn up resources you think you may lose...

I am sure anyone here would be MORE than happy to entertain a few settlers as well... you can always build one, and reinf somebody... They don't have to stay in your village, after all... then recall them when you have 3, and found a village away from your main 'problem'... getting that second up and operational is QUITE important... I'll be working on #3 by next week, I think... Have to research TKs first... lvl 15 Acad, here I come! The longer that 2nd village is put off, the further behind you fall from everyone else.
Back to top Go down
Lord Saxman

Lord Saxman

Number of posts : 1847

PostSubject: Re: Clint Attacked Me With Cats!!!   Clint Attacked Me With Cats!!! Icon_minitimeThu Mar 22, 2007 9:25 pm

hamburglar wrote:
I strongly disagree on upgrades - a wall helps a defender who is recieving a LOT of reinf... I'd say if it is not TOO expensive, build only to lvl 10 for now...

Upgrades - nahh. Anyone want to do the math on getting a Foundry up to lvl 10, say, and upgrading Prats to a lvl 10 Def? How much resources does that cost - let's just stick with the iron...

I agree short term, but long term it makes a difference. As the game progresses, resources have less and less value and crop has more and more value. Upgrades can make a huge difference, especially for armies in the multiple 1000s. I've personally seen armies of 45000, although 3000 to 15000 are far more common when the game hits ~9 months or so.

Short term, wall makes much more sense for the points you've made: resources, and impact on reinforcements. Just to make point crystal clear, Roman wall L1 to L10 costs a total of 15445 resources and gives you a 34% defense benefit for all troops. Armory L1 to 10 costs almost 34000 resources, and that doesn't even include upgrade costs which would likely triple that cost or more... and that's for only ~20% bonus on one troop type.
Back to top Go down
jabatin

Number of posts : 198
Registration date : 2007-03-20

PostSubject: Re: Clint Attacked Me With Cats!!!   Clint Attacked Me With Cats!!! Icon_minitimeThu Mar 22, 2007 9:38 pm

i totally agree with all you guys but sometimes is still upgrade for the sake of upgrading espcially sometimes when you want to retain your crop production and dont want to go too low... then upgrades are the key... but that won't happen too early

and yes dont underestimate walls (city wall in particular)... they can make a huge difference to the outcome of a battle if high lvl and they are much cheaper and more effective than upgrades.

and actually on the current s1 server i've seen someone get attacked with 250,000 axemen which is crazy...i almost didn't believe it
Back to top Go down
hamburgl

PostSubject: Re: Clint Attacked Me With Cats!!!   Clint Attacked Me With Cats!!! Icon_minitimeThu Mar 22, 2007 9:43 pm

jabatin wrote:
i totally agree with all you guys but sometimes is still upgrade for the sake of upgrading espcially sometimes when you want to retain your crop production and dont want to go too low... then upgrades are the key... but that won't happen too early

and yes dont underestimate walls (city wall in particular)... they can make a huge difference to the outcome of a battle if high lvl and they are much cheaper and more effective than upgrades.

and actually on the current s1 server i've seen someone get attacked with 250,000 axemen which is crazy...i almost didn't believe it

No WAY... did you mean 25K, and not 250K?
Back to top Go down
Six

Six

PostSubject: Re: Clint Attacked Me With Cats!!!   Clint Attacked Me With Cats!!! Icon_minitimeThu Mar 22, 2007 9:48 pm

Sorry for the intrusion, Clint for some god-awful reason decided to scout Oscar again.... you think he might learn eventually - scouted with 19, lost 16.... Smile
Back to top Go down
jabatin

Number of posts : 198
Registration date : 2007-03-20

PostSubject: Re: Clint Attacked Me With Cats!!!   Clint Attacked Me With Cats!!! Icon_minitimeThu Mar 22, 2007 9:52 pm

nope its 250K alrite Shocked
i forgot who it was but it was a 15 cropper capital with two 50% oasis and a 25% one
but i still couldn't see how it got to 250K
i think i know now though... some of the more advanced players build all their units in their 15 cropper capital and they build a lot of troops and reinforce their other villages with them so their crop production stays positive...
then when they are ready to mass attack someone.... they call all the reinforcements back probably giving them thousands of negative production rate and send them all at once to its destination

thats the only logical way i can explain it... i was shocked the first time i saw it too Smile
Back to top Go down
Six

Six

PostSubject: Re: Clint Attacked Me With Cats!!!   Clint Attacked Me With Cats!!! Icon_minitimeThu Mar 22, 2007 9:58 pm

I would love to see that attack report Smile
Back to top Go down
hamburgl

PostSubject: Re: Clint Attacked Me With Cats!!!   Clint Attacked Me With Cats!!! Icon_minitimeFri Mar 23, 2007 12:03 am

Sorry... I don't believe a 250K axe attack... do you know who was the attacker? They would need, say... 30-40 villages at the very least.

I mean, come on... let's just round it down... a 15 cropper can make, say, 5k crop to feed troops... not sure of the numbers, let's double it... 10K... just arbitrarily.

SO... to support 250K Axers, you would need 25 15 croppers (a LOW number)... not mentioning support villages... sorry, I am just 'dubious'...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Clint Attacked Me With Cats!!!   Clint Attacked Me With Cats!!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Clint Attacked Me With Cats!!!
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next