Shadow Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

A thought on strategy for those getting farmed/attacked

Go down 
+3
tikibug
cjj2197
Kadie Prince
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Kadie Prince

Kadie Prince

Number of posts : 108
Registration date : 2007-03-04

A thought on strategy for those getting farmed/attacked Empty
PostSubject: A thought on strategy for those getting farmed/attacked   A thought on strategy for those getting farmed/attacked Icon_minitimeTue Mar 20, 2007 4:35 pm

I notice that there seem to be two camps when it comes to us getting attacked: our attackers either get GOBS of resources or nothing.

If you're getting attacked regularly and giving up large amounts of your resources, why not either get someone in the alliance in a different time zone to sit for you and spend your resources OR send your merchants out to our alliance members with your excess resources before you go to bed so that they go to the alliance instead of our enemies.

It ticks me off to see these guys coming back over and over again because of easy pickings. We can prevent this.
Back to top Go down
cjj2197

Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2007-02-22

PostSubject: Re: A thought on strategy for those getting farmed/attacked   A thought on strategy for those getting farmed/attacked Icon_minitimeTue Mar 20, 2007 4:44 pm

I'll volunteer to take in resources every night!

But seriously, one good way to protect some resources without spending much is to fill every open building spot with level 1 crannies. Then knock one down when you need the spot (you'll need to get the main building up to lvl 10). Unless you're already way behind on crannies, it's a cost-effective way of covering a bit more.

Or accept trades many hours away, so they don't arrive until morning.
Back to top Go down
tikibug
Admin
tikibug

Number of posts : 780

PostSubject: Re: A thought on strategy for those getting farmed/attacked   A thought on strategy for those getting farmed/attacked Icon_minitimeTue Mar 20, 2007 4:59 pm

And definitely look at the raiding tips, it was a whole topic posted a while ago that has a lot of useful advice on what to do when being raided and all that, I'll move it into the Info Kiosk section if it isn't already, everyone should be famialiar with these techniques
Back to top Go down
Polyfractal

Polyfractal

Number of posts : 366

PostSubject: Re: A thought on strategy for those getting farmed/attacked   A thought on strategy for those getting farmed/attacked Icon_minitimeTue Mar 20, 2007 5:05 pm

I agree with Kadie Prince on this. Nothing pisses me off more than seeing people get farmed repeatedly and lose thousands of resources. Its ok to let it happen occaisionally (it happened to me this weekend when I was out snowboarding), but it should be the exception, not the rule.

I'm going to personally start noting people who lose a lot of resources to raids and start sending angry IGM's until you shape up. Mad
Back to top Go down
tikibug
Admin
tikibug

PostSubject: Re: A thought on strategy for those getting farmed/attacked   A thought on strategy for those getting farmed/attacked Icon_minitimeTue Mar 20, 2007 5:08 pm

And believe me, he's super cranky recently so the constant nagging IGMs is not an empty threat. At least he'll vent his crankiness on someone other than myself, isn't that right zach? Razz
Back to top Go down
hamburgl

PostSubject: Re: A thought on strategy for those getting farmed/attacked   A thought on strategy for those getting farmed/attacked Icon_minitimeWed Mar 21, 2007 3:46 pm

My thought is this: If somebody is giving away a lot of resources because of farming, and they do nothing to prevent it... then they are just a farm. That means WE use them as a farm... warn 'em, and a few days later, open them up to BEING farmed... by US...
Back to top Go down
Kadie Prince

Kadie Prince

PostSubject: Re: A thought on strategy for those getting farmed/attacked   A thought on strategy for those getting farmed/attacked Icon_minitimeWed Mar 21, 2007 4:14 pm

I second Hamburgler. Everytime I see someone's gotten hit for big numbers, it makes me want to go in there and raid them too. I figure if they're going to give it away, why not give it to someone in the alliance?
Back to top Go down
jabatin

Number of posts : 198
Registration date : 2007-03-20

PostSubject: Re: A thought on strategy for those getting farmed/attacked   A thought on strategy for those getting farmed/attacked Icon_minitimeWed Mar 21, 2007 5:29 pm

well the problem some people just aren't active enough or dont care which annoys me sorta so they can't use their resources and don't even try to help out allaince...

so i guess i third that decision huh?
Back to top Go down
hamburgl

PostSubject: Re: A thought on strategy for those getting farmed/attacked   A thought on strategy for those getting farmed/attacked Icon_minitimeWed Mar 21, 2007 6:07 pm

jabatin wrote:
well the problem some people just aren't active enough or dont care which annoys me sorta so they can't use their resources and don't even try to help out allaince...

so i guess i third that decision huh?

Sounds like we have a 'third'... This is my 4th go 'round on Travian, It has been rare to get a WHOLE alliance of actives. On s1 presently, we are close. But especially in the beginning, people join with probably good intentions, then let things slide - maybe their first time, they get bored, whatever. If we have 10 - 15 active players - and by 'active', I don't mean just 'simming', I mean ACTIVE on the forum as well - then we are fairly lucky.

An eventual 'purge' is inevitable, but I think for now, the ones being farmed need a warning, then we all 'pile on' for farming. Don't kick them - yet. Good deterrence to prevent WHOLESALE farming by other alliances.
Back to top Go down
Kadie Prince

Kadie Prince

PostSubject: Re: A thought on strategy for those getting farmed/attacked   A thought on strategy for those getting farmed/attacked Icon_minitimeWed Mar 21, 2007 6:12 pm

Tiki, Tim, Poly? What say you?
Back to top Go down
narbsy

narbsy

Number of posts : 619
Registration date : 2007-02-23

PostSubject: Re: A thought on strategy for those getting farmed/attacked   A thought on strategy for those getting farmed/attacked Icon_minitimeWed Mar 21, 2007 6:20 pm

If there is farming going on, it'd have to be from the other section so as to avoid the friendly-fire rules.. so a bit of coordination is required, which isn't really too much trouble for us Smile
Back to top Go down
tikibug
Admin
tikibug

PostSubject: Re: A thought on strategy for those getting farmed/attacked   A thought on strategy for those getting farmed/attacked Icon_minitimeWed Mar 21, 2007 6:59 pm

My stance: I'd rather whip someone into shape, make them more active, and have another player rather than weed people out. We already did that this last time around, and too much selectivity and not enough harrassment and education will only make us weaker.
Back to top Go down
Kadie Prince

Kadie Prince

PostSubject: Re: A thought on strategy for those getting farmed/attacked   A thought on strategy for those getting farmed/attacked Icon_minitimeWed Mar 21, 2007 7:43 pm

I just looked at the most recent attack list. Poly has some nasty emails to send.
Back to top Go down
narbsy

narbsy

Number of posts : 619
Registration date : 2007-02-23

PostSubject: Re: A thought on strategy for those getting farmed/attacked   A thought on strategy for those getting farmed/attacked Icon_minitimeWed Mar 21, 2007 7:56 pm

There's only one enemy attack in the list on SL right now ... and it's a scouting Very Happy

Woot SL woot woot!
Back to top Go down
tikibug
Admin
tikibug

PostSubject: Re: A thought on strategy for those getting farmed/attacked   A thought on strategy for those getting farmed/attacked Icon_minitimeWed Mar 21, 2007 8:10 pm

>_< fuckin ell guys, what is this shit?! Screw zach, I'M going to send out some nasty IGMs...
Back to top Go down
horizon edge

horizon edge

Number of posts : 98
Registration date : 2007-03-01

PostSubject: Re: A thought on strategy for those getting farmed/attacked   A thought on strategy for those getting farmed/attacked Icon_minitimeSat Mar 24, 2007 4:02 pm

I am randomly hit because I can only get internet access on week days from 3 sometimes 5 till 11 pst.
If some one can sit for me that would be great.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A thought on strategy for those getting farmed/attacked   A thought on strategy for those getting farmed/attacked Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A thought on strategy for those getting farmed/attacked
Page 1 of 1