Shadow Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Alliance Reorganization

Go down 
+9
Joe Chief
Karayanev
OmfgU8MyRice
Plunder You
resol123
tikibug
Frankoman
jermbon
narbsy
13 posters
AuthorMessage
narbsy

narbsy

Number of posts : 619
Registration date : 2007-02-23

Alliance Reorganization Empty
PostSubject: Alliance Reorganization   Alliance Reorganization Icon_minitimeFri May 25, 2007 2:07 pm

So, I know that we've been talking about this for quite a while, but now is the time when it will actually be done.

This new system we've been working on (we being the current leaders et al.) is a squadron like system, where there are many squads of players based primarily on location that make up our alliance. These squads are headed by a player appointed by the current leaders as someone deemed experienced enough, active enough, diplomatic enough, and organized enough to help the squad prosper, as well as keep it out of trouble with other alliances, and to play nice with other squads.

However, some inter-squad rivalry is always a good thing, as it induces higher growth and whatnot. We must always remember though, that we are one alliance - the Shadow Alliance. We are here to work together as a team.

There will be a hierarchy so as to prevent disputes from getting out of hand, and so as to keep everyone better organized; it goes like this:

The Triumvirate
The Council of Senior Squad Leaders
The Council of all Squad Leaders
The Squadron Members

Just keep in mind though, that the higher ups are here to serve the lowest rank to the best of their ability. Also, the Triumvirate serves only to handle external diplomacy at the request of the Senior Squad Leaders Council (by the way, if you have a catchy name, that'd be great Very Happy), to settle disputes in both Councils, and to make sure that life is good for everyone in the alliance. The Senior Squad Leaders Council (senior squad leaders are decided by either a 2/3 vote from the All Squad Leaders council, or a unanimous vote from the Triumvirate) is there to coordinate offensive and defensive actions for the alliance, with the aid of the Triumvirate (it's not useless, I swear!) whereas the Squad Leaders council is there to discuss concerns of the members and keep their safety where it belongs - the highest possible. Members, well, that should be self-explanatory; you guys continue being as excellent as you are now, and bring your problems to either the squad leaders or the Triumvirate.

If you want to apply for a squadron leader position, please IGM narbsicles. We will be conducting all interviews in real-time, preferring IRC over anything, but IGMs are a viable option as well; we understand that some people cannot access IRC.
Back to top Go down
jermbon

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2007-05-08

PostSubject: Re: Alliance Reorganization   Alliance Reorganization Icon_minitimeFri May 25, 2007 9:36 pm

Checking in. I'll check back.
Back to top Go down
narbsy

narbsy

PostSubject: Re: Alliance Reorganization   Alliance Reorganization Icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2007 9:24 am

Just a reminder that people who wish to be a squad leader should IGM me, or post here!
Back to top Go down
Frankoman

Frankoman

Number of posts : 683
Registration date : 2007-05-29

PostSubject: Re: Alliance Reorganization   Alliance Reorganization Icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2007 8:23 pm

If it starts in the next... 15 or so days, I will apply to administer the North Eastern sector.

Just incase..
In ASHK I was the NE commander, and it worked very well. I comminicated with my fellows and encouraged them to communicatre... eeven if they didn't want to.

Isn't that right... Plunder You, a local NE who I was in concat with until the split.
Back to top Go down
tikibug
Admin
tikibug

Number of posts : 780
Registration date : 2007-02-22

PostSubject: Re: Alliance Reorganization   Alliance Reorganization Icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2007 8:39 pm

We won't be divided by quadrant, it will be squads established by whatever means we decide upon. Wouldn't make sense to do it by quadrant as we're all pretty much in the NE Razz
Back to top Go down
resol123

resol123

Number of posts : 365

PostSubject: Re: Alliance Reorganization   Alliance Reorganization Icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2007 9:04 pm

hey the trimuniverate only has two people, not three! Who is the missing man o.o?
Back to top Go down
Plunder You

Plunder You

Number of posts : 196
Registration date : 2007-04-12

PostSubject: Re: Alliance Reorganization   Alliance Reorganization Icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2007 10:02 pm

If I didn't have to work during the week, I'd be up for a postion, but I don't think I'd have the time to coordinate attacks with my squad after I get back from work. I found for me, it works best if someone lets me know about an attack and I can jump on the train of destruction if I have the time. In addition, there is really only Ceaser near me, and I am guessing he will want to delete within this month because he's stuck in the middle of us and we are sqeezing him off.
Back to top Go down
http://www.indulgeband.com/
Frankoman

Frankoman

Number of posts : 683

PostSubject: Re: Alliance Reorganization   Alliance Reorganization Icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2007 3:56 pm

yeah in about 12 days I will be out of school and have a whoole summer to work here. Travian is like a second job... when I don't need to go to school, and i can tell my boss I won't go to work much anymore (I'm Co exsecutive or co boss) he won't really care. I will still get payed Smile
Back to top Go down
narbsy

narbsy

PostSubject: Re: Alliance Reorganization   Alliance Reorganization Icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2007 4:00 pm

Resol123: me, poly, tiki. Razz
Back to top Go down
resol123

resol123

PostSubject: Re: Alliance Reorganization   Alliance Reorganization Icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2007 6:49 pm

okay! so now there are three Very Happy

okay back to something else...um, do we have any senior members?
Back to top Go down
Cleric

PostSubject: Re: Alliance Reorganization   Alliance Reorganization Icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2007 10:13 pm

Already told Poly but I'll post so that the rest of you know where I stand... This is my first server and I don't have the expereance, but I'm a 100% behind the Idea and will follow whomever I'm asigned to. Or if it stays as it is I'll follow that way also.

And I too am to far from the action.
Back to top Go down
KithKhan

PostSubject: Re: Alliance Reorganization   Alliance Reorganization Icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2007 3:32 pm

Hey everyone! Glad to join this great group. In my time with SPQR I stepped up to fill a leadership void once or twice, and it was altogether more time than I wanted to spend playing this, so I'd rather be a low-level if that's alright with everyone, despite my size and activity. Somebody give me orders, I'll follow them to the best of my abilities. I've got a fantastic economic base but I'm not as powerful militarily as my size might make it seem like.

KithKhan

PS. I would also like whoever squad-leaders in my area to be a sitter on my account. In-game-mail me about this once it's organized. I'll keep the cities building and churning out troops, and you can have free reign with the designated 'offensive' forces to precisely put together your attacks.
Back to top Go down
OmfgU8MyRice

OmfgU8MyRice

Number of posts : 528

PostSubject: Re: Alliance Reorganization   Alliance Reorganization Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2007 12:28 am

Is this still happening or have we scrapped this idea?
I thought it sounded like a good thing for the alliance.
Back to top Go down
Karayanev

Number of posts : 41
Registration date : 2007-06-18

PostSubject: Re: Alliance Reorganization   Alliance Reorganization Icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2007 9:14 pm

Place me in which ever squad you all choose. Just give me targets! I'm lazy and have a small army getting bored, well unless Random gets on and attacks something for me! LOL
Back to top Go down
resol123

resol123

PostSubject: Re: Alliance Reorganization   Alliance Reorganization Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2007 8:53 am

um if you want something to attack, look at the scouting reports. ATM we're attacking the Chosen alliance + wings so feel free to attack them. any retaliation will be dealt with harshly, so fire away! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Joe Chief

Number of posts : 63
Registration date : 2007-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Alliance Reorganization   Alliance Reorganization Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2007 9:59 am

Whatever did happen with this?.. It is a very good idea.. It allows the alliance to micro manage to a degree wtihout putting much strain on the leaders.. What was the problem?.. Not enough leaders?
Back to top Go down
tikibug
Admin
tikibug

Number of posts : 780
Registration date : 2007-02-22

PostSubject: Re: Alliance Reorganization   Alliance Reorganization Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2007 12:16 pm

err....too lazy to implement? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Lord Saxman

Lord Saxman

Number of posts : 1847
Registration date : 2007-02-25

PostSubject: Re: Alliance Reorganization   Alliance Reorganization Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2007 12:34 pm

I've been encouraging people to work in informal attack squads based on target location. Pretty much everyone I've ever asked in Shadow (or EAST/LLKJ) has been excited to help with a well-planned, coordinated attack. It's much more fun to fight that way!

One of the issues with fixed location squads is that frequently everyone needs to launch at almost the exact same time which isn't always possible. With a little more flexible approach, different groups can work on targets that they can all reach within an acceptable amount of time, and with a broader pool of attackers there's more likely someone who can launch when they'd already be online anyway.

On the other hand, if people want to found and name their own squads, we'd be happy to setup private squad forums (once we switch to one that is a little easier to manage) and give people Squad leader titles. We've pulled in a lot of people recently with some impressive leadership skills and I'm excited to see people step-up and start planning their own group attacks. With wars going forward, I'll try to do a better job at sharing strategic targets, and then squads can nominate themselves for taking them out.
Back to top Go down
Joe Chief

Number of posts : 63
Registration date : 2007-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Alliance Reorganization   Alliance Reorganization Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2007 5:19 pm

Sounds like this is going to be fun.. 8)
Back to top Go down
tyr

Number of posts : 333
Registration date : 2007-07-08

PostSubject: Re: Alliance Reorganization   Alliance Reorganization Icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2007 7:47 pm

I've polled some of the people near me about chiefs and offensive forces. I think it's a good idea to work in groups. My experience is that a small well-organized and cooperative alliance will fare better than one three-times the size who lacks cooperation.

My suggestions: Don't publish the squad leaders. The less published leaders the better.

Everyone with at least 8 villages should be focusing on chiefs. I currently have four chiefs and will have five within a week -- spending one in a conquer and building two more. I'll be conquering tonight at about 11 p.m., but want six for the conquer afterwards, as it may be more difficult. I want to do it in one pass.

Two of those chiefs are in my offensive village. Those will never actually take a village, so they will always be available to assist someone else in a conquer (assuming I have the culture points).

In S1.com, our alliance had 15 players that conquered 40 villages in 50 days, because we were very active and very cooperative. Cooperation in this game rules above all.
Back to top Go down
Long Rid

PostSubject: Re: Alliance Reorganization   Alliance Reorganization Icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2007 10:34 pm

Very true.
Back to top Go down
random

Number of posts : 168
Registration date : 2007-06-13

PostSubject: Re: Alliance Reorganization   Alliance Reorganization Icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2007 1:57 pm

We have a lot of "stuff" going on right now. You guys will all know when anything big happens but... Please everyone, message your shadow neighbors and get to know them. Practice working together on inactive targets and be ready for anything big to happen.
Back to top Go down
zzz_Excon

Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2007-06-13

PostSubject: Re: Alliance Reorganization   Alliance Reorganization Icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2007 1:32 pm

Random is right. 8) This alliance's best quality was and IS orginization...That was why I made the move. This wins servers....JUST TRUST ME ON THIS! cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Alliance Reorganization   Alliance Reorganization Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Alliance Reorganization
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Shadow Center :: Headquarters :: War Room-
Jump to: