Shadow Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Thanks and Celebrations

Go down 
+11
oscar
Cleric
Lythos
merlin
Roddy
Frankoman
tikibug
aquias
danmac64
diamond
tyr
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
tyr

Number of posts : 333
Registration date : 2007-07-08

Thanks and Celebrations Empty
PostSubject: Thanks and Celebrations   Thanks and Celebrations Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2008 12:19 pm

Maybe a might early, but I think it's in the bag now.

To all of you sitters and wonder-builders: Managing a wonder at the endgame is a huge time-commitment. It's pretty easy, once my offense was down from Nilla and never really came back, to sit here and send defense and crops. So, to all of you who shouldered the commitment to building this wonder, the constant watching of the village, ensuring that crops were kept coming in a steady supply, and ensuring that the TM meta and Shadow came out on top:

You all have my thanks.

To LS and Aquias/Serenity: Thanks for leading this group of people. Despite any claims that it was easy, I know better. I've been a leader. Sometimes it's hard, and when it's not hard, it is still time consuming.

To Nate (Danmac), thanks for joining us and keeping the game interesting. You have my respect as a fearsome attacker. You deserve credit for being a fearsome attacker, and collaberating with you has been the most fun of the game -- the defense of your village and taking out Evilnilla will remain my best memories of the server.

To everyone else -- it's been fun. I hope to stay involved in the restart, though probably not to the same degree. I salute all of you.
Back to top Go down
diamond

Number of posts : 145
Registration date : 2007-02-23

PostSubject: Re: Thanks and Celebrations   Thanks and Celebrations Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2008 12:49 pm

I second that!!
Back to top Go down
danmac64

danmac64

Number of posts : 329
Registration date : 2007-09-03

PostSubject: Re: Thanks and Celebrations   Thanks and Celebrations Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2008 1:49 pm

Thanks a lot Tyr! I'll drop an account just to say hi, will probably just keep this name for simplicity sake.

I will say, starting fights i had no defense to finish was the most fun i've ever had in travian. Attacking players twice my size knowing full well your defense could wipe their offense was just a beautiful thing to watch =P

Wiping out entire alliances armies with 90% of my defense coming from just you and Daisey were some of my best memories. (Even better when you forgot to send your hero and i stole all your EXP!)

It's like shopping with an unlimited expense account, for all of you restarting i suggest you try to find a mini-Tyr. You'll be lucky if you do!

Everyone else? We'll ive talked to you already!

p.s. To leadership - i think i've said it already - you guys are amazing, im so happy I never had to be involved and could just focus on personal vendettas all server. Selfish, but fun! Smile
Back to top Go down
aquias

Number of posts : 634
Registration date : 2007-07-04

PostSubject: Re: Thanks and Celebrations   Thanks and Celebrations Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2008 2:14 pm

dan,

You, Tyr, Daisy, Kodiak, and others tore apart a WE wing alone...if that's you being selfish, go for it Very Happy
Back to top Go down
tikibug
Admin
tikibug

Number of posts : 780
Registration date : 2007-02-22

PostSubject: Re: Thanks and Celebrations   Thanks and Celebrations Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2008 3:28 pm

Where is the cake? I was told there was a party going on....

Awesome job on the win guys! I was curious how things would turn out when we left, but looks like Six and Sax and aquias and everyone else who was getting real involved in the leadership over the summer took up the reins with obvious success.
Back to top Go down
aquias

PostSubject: Re: Thanks and Celebrations   Thanks and Celebrations Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2008 3:29 pm

SPIEZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Glad to ya around you old fart!
Back to top Go down
Frankoman

Frankoman

Number of posts : 683
Registration date : 2007-05-29

PostSubject: Re: Thanks and Celebrations   Thanks and Celebrations Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2008 3:38 pm

I second!
Back to top Go down
Roddy

Number of posts : 156
Registration date : 2007-07-05

PostSubject: Re: Thanks and Celebrations   Thanks and Celebrations Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2008 5:03 pm

I have to give thanks to everyone within this alliance as well. I was and still an a small player compared to the majority of people within the alliance but everyone came to my aid and helped me defend off many OMEN attacks. I was a 5 - 6 village player at the start of these wars and i was thorn in the side of many OMEN players because they just could not get rid of me. And I could not have done it without the support that everyone gave here to keep me riding the storm. Your defenders took a lot of OMEN's armies to the grave while allowing me to be a thorn in OMEN's side. OMEN just could not get rid of me. Here is a IGM that crossed my hands, it made me laugh how much my small ass could annoy these guys. Thanks all. Hope to see you guys around.

Belaris ..
"And speaking of. It is time to freeze that little wart off once and for all. Destroy all the towns but his capital."

Mcreedy ..
"Hey everybody... I have 19 incomings from Roddy Doyle. They are all headed to the The Pit (-38/91). They start hitting at 10:09 pm tonight denver time. This might be my chance to finally end this little bastages small ass hammer. Ill take whatever anyone wants to send. Wheat shouldnt be a problem but send what you like. Ill have The granery back to 80k shortly. Thanks for the help -Mcreedy"

Mcreedy ..
"
This is a list of the guys that have been gang banging me for the last week or so. Swiftwind and Duck Butter have decent size hammers and Merlin and Roddy Doyle are just small time punks. I know that everyone has their hands full with our multiple front war right now. But if your close to these guys and can wipe them out Id be greatful. Thanks -Mcreedy

Swiftwind (SL), Duck Butter (SN), merlin (SL), Roddy Doyle (SN)"
Back to top Go down
merlin

merlin

Number of posts : 175

PostSubject: Re: Thanks and Celebrations   Thanks and Celebrations Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2008 5:47 pm

Ahh, yes, I remember being a 'punk', hehe
Back to top Go down
tikibug
Admin
tikibug

Number of posts : 780

PostSubject: Re: Thanks and Celebrations   Thanks and Celebrations Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2008 6:19 pm

Shout out to all the ladies who played along in our shenanigans as well (you know I'm looking at you diamond). You gals were always pleasant to chat with, just a shame there were so few of you.... Here's to catching the rest of us unawares with your own random hi-jinks Razz
Back to top Go down
danmac64

danmac64

Number of posts : 329
Registration date : 2007-09-03

PostSubject: Re: Thanks and Celebrations   Thanks and Celebrations Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2008 6:27 pm

aquias wrote:
dan,

You, Tyr, Daisy, Kodiak, and others tore apart a WE wing alone...if that's you being selfish, go for it Very Happy

Remembering when they were considering which meta they were going to ally with and the entire time i was farming them and catapulting their villages? I joined a day after a "WE ceasefire" was suggested so I just claimed ignorance =P
Back to top Go down
diamond

Number of posts : 145

PostSubject: Re: Thanks and Celebrations   Thanks and Celebrations Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2008 6:48 pm

tikibug wrote:
Shout out to all the ladies who played along in our shenanigans as well (you know I'm looking at you diamond). You gals were always pleasant to chat with, just a shame there were so few of you.... Here's to catching the rest of us unawares with your own random hi-jinks Razz

Ahhhh...shucks Tiki! Your still hot, no matter what the others say!! queen
Back to top Go down
Lythos

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2007-08-05

PostSubject: Re: Thanks and Celebrations   Thanks and Celebrations Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2008 6:51 pm

tikibug wrote:
Where is the cake? I was told there was a party going on....

The cake is a lie.
Back to top Go down
tyr

PostSubject: Re: Thanks and Celebrations   Thanks and Celebrations Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2008 6:54 pm

Quote :
Remembering when they were considering which meta they were going to ally with and the entire time i was farming them and catapulting their villages? I joined a day after a "WE ceasefire" was suggested so I just claimed ignorance =P

Turns out to be the right decision. They were utterly useless. VN pulled an attack on us too, which makes me wish that our cease-fire with them hadn't lasted. Would have been fun to punk a few of their villages near me -- though there's plenty that I would not have fought.
Back to top Go down
Cleric

Number of posts : 177
Registration date : 2007-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Thanks and Celebrations   Thanks and Celebrations Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2008 7:10 pm

cheers cheers cheers

My last hip, hip horray Sad

I had fun and I know I was not as convetional a player, with all my TThunder, but it was a blast being able to hit just about anyone in less than 10 hours......

Tiki I missed you, you where my first leader....

LS, aquiduck, almostfamous801 (girlfriend if your ever in Oklahoma you, me, date... okay you can bring him) Jopa (NO MORE IGMs ABOUT WHEAT.... HOW WILL I LIVE!?!) Haawk (almost caught up to you on the Offensive side) Poly, Elchingon, Lakeman (I really want to meet you) amd all the other leaders, you guys are the best.

To the others in the alliance WE WON! not because of the Wonder but because you guys are the best! afro
Back to top Go down
oscar

oscar

Number of posts : 69

PostSubject: Re: Thanks and Celebrations   Thanks and Celebrations Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2008 7:17 pm

ha. I forgot you still payed, Cleric.
Back to top Go down
Gajah Gila

Gajah Gila

Number of posts : 294
Registration date : 2007-05-31

PostSubject: Re: Thanks and Celebrations   Thanks and Celebrations Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2008 8:10 pm

Wonder what they're saying on the squiggles side....... I love you

GG
Back to top Go down
Tarminel

Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2007-11-22

PostSubject: Re: Thanks and Celebrations   Thanks and Celebrations Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2008 11:54 pm

tyr wrote:
VN pulled an attack on us too, which makes me wish that our cease-fire with them hadn't lasted. Would have been fun to punk a few of their villages near me -- though there's plenty that I would not have fought.

I hope Lord Sax and some of the other leaders will explain this in some fashion - and the personal vendetta that spawned it. Neutral

The majority of the leaders from VN considered you guys quiet allies as far back as Nov '07.
Back to top Go down
tyr

PostSubject: Re: Thanks and Celebrations   Thanks and Celebrations Icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2008 12:12 am

I had altercations with Doc and Crim at server start. When the server started, Doc was in BIA. They threaten, ridicule, and generally make a pain of themselves. If it hadn't been for the war with Omen, I'd have had more time to devote to destroying them prior to November. ReS seemed actually pretty cool, but if you messaged him, pretty often you'd get a response from one of the other two that wasn't cool.

Conan was cool. I lived amicably with him for several months. Lakemen was cool too. I have no beef with any of the other VN members. But talk about horrible leadership style.

I also would like the background on that part.
Back to top Go down
Tarminel

Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2007-11-22

PostSubject: Re: Thanks and Celebrations   Thanks and Celebrations Icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2008 12:30 am

tyr wrote:
I had altercations with Doc and Crim at server start. When the server started, Doc was in BIA. They threaten, ridicule, and generally make a pain of themselves. If it hadn't been for the war with Omen, I'd have had more time to devote to destroying them prior to November. ReS seemed actually pretty cool, but if you messaged him, pretty often you'd get a response from one of the other two that wasn't cool.

Conan was cool. I lived amicably with him for several months. Lakemen was cool too. I have no beef with any of the other VN members. But talk about horrible leadership style.

I also would like the background on that part.

I've actually typed up a lengthy "story" of my own experiences in VN. And, I sent it to someone in W.E. SW who happened to ask me at the right moment. I have given him permission to share it, if you happen to discover who it is that has this manifesto. I'll say only it is a member of W.E. SW who had been within 2-4hrs from my cities by catapult run. He was pushed out of our core area by VN, and he has since swapped accounts with a larger W.E. player in the region. That should narrow things down a bit.

I've since become a bit more introspective. I vacilate between wanting to release a "tell-all exposé" and just quietly riding into the distance on my... hmm... don't have a Pony.... hmm..... well, you get the picture!

So, I think this story is now for others to tell in as great or little details as they deem appropriate.

Crim, Doc, and ReS are all good guys at heart. They're also all very, very different in personality. And, you're basically right about leadership style. I suppose I have to count myself a part of that, even if only by my complicity.
Back to top Go down
tyr

PostSubject: Re: Thanks and Celebrations   Thanks and Celebrations Icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2008 8:34 am

Tarminel, I got nothing negative to say about you. Thanks for being here and keeping us company and working with us.

Gajah: My guess is that the squigglies are talking about how everyone was against them and that this is what happens when the entire world gangs up on you.
Back to top Go down
narbsy

narbsy

Number of posts : 619

PostSubject: Re: Thanks and Celebrations   Thanks and Celebrations Icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2008 9:19 am

ahh, I remember the days when Doc_holiday and Crim were trying to join Shadow left and right.

Thankfully I listened to Angryooman about them... they were pretty useless most of the time.
Back to top Go down
oscar

oscar

Number of posts : 69

PostSubject: Re: Thanks and Celebrations   Thanks and Celebrations Icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2008 9:54 am

tyr wrote:
Gajah: My guess is that the squigglies are talking about how everyone was against them and that this is what happens when the entire world gangs up on you.
For some reason that did not seem to be a problem for us. Every outside message I got was people wanting to help, get in, or bask in our glory. We were like the good guys of the server.
Back to top Go down
tyr

PostSubject: Re: Thanks and Celebrations   Thanks and Celebrations Icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2008 10:17 am

It is often that I find that many people delude themselves about what really went on in a game. In the minds of the TF players, most probably believe that it was poor lowly little them against all of us. But really, they had a good chance of winning. They just didn't have a decent endgame strategy.
Back to top Go down
aquias

PostSubject: Re: Thanks and Celebrations   Thanks and Celebrations Icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2008 11:10 am

Two points come to play here.

First off, Tyr is right.  They had a horrible end game strategy.  They wasted A LOT of troops taking 5 Natar cities and a LOT of troops taking 5 sets of plans.  While we were more focused.  Additionally, because of our spies and because of how much OMEN leadership loved to brag, we knew early on that Maggies Mommy was the OMEN focus...so we hit it.  Right along with Muller being the TF focus...and that set up the general theme of the WW run.

Secondly, they had HORRID diplomats.  While we talked and were patient with groups like SHK, VN, WW, and others the standard squiggle diplomacy was "Join us or die"  End of story and end of discussion.  They ended up with no one wanting them to win because everyone was tired of them trying to act the part of big bad bully.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Thanks and Celebrations   Thanks and Celebrations Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Thanks and Celebrations
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Shadow Center :: Headquarters :: War Room-
Jump to: