Shadow Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Defending

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
aquias

Number of posts : 634
Registration date : 2007-07-04

Defending Empty
PostSubject: Defending   Defending Icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2007 9:58 am

Hey guys and gals,

Just a quick FYI. Myself and a few others have run quite a few defenses as of late for several of our players. We've seen something that I think needs to be touched upon (even if only briefly).

When we call for defenses, do not send offensive units. I know, it's difficult with the timing, especially if you're Roman. But offensive units do little more than provide cannon fodder for the enemies offenses and, deprive us of attacking forces.

When defenders are called for you should only be sending

Legions
Praetorians
EC's
Spears
Paladins
Phalanx
Druidriders
Haeduns

I've tried to figure out how to term this next bit. Calvary units should never be used for long term defense. Haeduns, Druids, Paladins, and EC's should all be mobile and fast response.

If you are under attack as units arrive (and you have a strong "base" defense) mobile units should be sent home. This has a two fold affect for us.

1. Keeps us mobile in being able to defend our front liners
2. Eases wheat consumption and support for the affected city

Make certain, as you send units out, you watch the defense value of the units that you are receiving. You should not be sending home Haeduns (strong vs calvary) when you receive praetorians (strong vs infantry).

Lastly you SHOULD NOT be holding onto other players units long after the attacks on you have ceased. Unless you have worked out an agreement to purchase troops you should, slowly send troops back over the span of several days after attacks on you have ceased.

As an example.

I'm under attack. I have 15k in allied reinforcements. A day goes by with no incoming or nothing but fakes. I ship back 3k defensive units. The next day, I ship out another 3k...so on and so forth.

Again, this keeps us mobile and able to support multiple defenses...

Thanks everyone Smile
Back to top Go down
danmac64

danmac64

Number of posts : 329
Registration date : 2007-09-03

Defending Empty
PostSubject: Re: Defending   Defending Icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2007 10:59 am

So thats why everyone sends back my killer TT defense!
Back to top Go down
resol123

resol123

Number of posts : 365
Registration date : 2007-05-29

Defending Empty
PostSubject: Re: Defending   Defending Icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2007 4:20 pm

maybe ur killer TT defense should go back to killing=P

jeez one phalanx does more defense than a TT, though a TT would pwn its sry behind.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Defending Empty
PostSubject: Re: Defending   Defending Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Defending
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Shadow Center :: Headquarters :: War Room-
Jump to: