Shadow Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Survey results: At war right now?

Go down 
+5
diamond
jabatin
tikibug
Plunder You
narbsy
9 posters
AuthorMessage
narbsy

narbsy

Number of posts : 619
Registration date : 2007-02-23

Survey results: At war right now? Empty
PostSubject: Survey results: At war right now?   Survey results: At war right now? Icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2007 8:09 pm

Today, I took a poll. Here is the question asked, and the responses:

Quote :
narbsicles wrote:

So, are we at war right now?

Just taking a poll (this is a serious question...)

Responses:

Quote :
horizon edge wrote:

uhhh... YA

Quote :
Cleric wrote:

Yes, (against Sword= -,+.^, wmd, etc) But we need to here more about who needs defensive troops.

Quote :
merlin wrote:

I think that depends on who you ask, it isn't balls to the wall kind of war, but I still don't like - or their legacy.

Quote :
OmfgU8MyRice wrote:

I dont think we really are.
our enemys - and + havent really attacked us much.

Quote :
zek142000 wrote:

honestly don't know

Quote :
saito_ch wrote:

cant really call it a war, we've been hitting some of the dash players, but received no retaliation at all...

Quote :
Lasciel wrote:

Um, yes? With - and +?

Is this a trick question, or do some people really not think that we're at war, or am I wrong to think that we are?

Quote :
vaquero wrote:

Yes

Quote :
miami wrote:

yep

Quote :
elchingon wrote:

Hell yeah!

Though from the look of things on many other people's ends I would say maybe not. Seems pretty passive at this point. Either people have been hit too hard to get back up on their feet or they aren't putting resources to building armies and fighting. Narbs, we need some new blood mate.

Quote :
cjj2197 wrote:

Yes

Quote :
sibo wrote:

with -/+/^? based on amount/size of incoming attacks and my involvement in coordinated defense/offense in the past week or so, i vote for "no"...

Quote :
Lord Saxman wrote:

Guess you want IGM replies?

There's a declared war with +- right, but it certainly isn't a very active one... I think our biggest grudges are with them, but it seems we're in more of a build than attack phase right now.

Quote :
Bromeo wrote:

better question is: are we fighting?

Quote :
cobwebbedroses wrote:

Me personally, no, I'm have not been involved in any conflict for a few weeks. I don't really feel the effects of the so called war, because for the most part, I'm left alone.

The alliance, I think if there is more than a few villages being cata'd my multiple people from another alliance, then yes. cata them back til they leave us alone. I forget to check attack reports very often, and most of the posts about them in the forum are rather confusing, at least to me.

That probably doesn't make since, and my opinion probably doesn't count as much, since I'm not really involved. I am bored so I thought I might as well respond...

cobwebbedroses

I'm pretty surprised with some of these responses; it seems to me that if you read the forum, you know that something is up, or what not. However, that seems not to be the case for some people.

In the past, we had avoided using mass messages since we know there are - spies within SL and SC, and didn't want to tip them off to any attacks.

This might have to start again, or at least planning the attacks on the forum.

We need to step this war up. Again. Elchingon and his contingent have done more damage to - than the rest of us combined; he took down Nailzz and Lunchbox. Can any of you say you've done more than that?

You might also raise the point that - has softened their blows upon us. Yet, Xeonrf has been attacking cjj2197 near daily, scouting, attacking, and mostly, losing. Lord Saxman has been coordinating his defense, and has done so admirably. Before Xeonrf, SecretSomeone attacking was CJJ, and landed nearly 11 hits in 10 seconds... all with catapults. And yet, somehow, we have prevailed. SecretSomeone took out necro's 9 cropper all by his lonesome, while most of us slept.

However, attacks have become fewer. This may possibly be because we, as an alliance, have defended against consecutive waves of Sword members time and again, both sides sustaining heavy losses. Some of their members cannot comprehend the fact that we have more than defensive troops. We need to show them that we are a force to be reckoned with, once and for all.

I know this has been a long message, but this issue has just come to my attention. I'd love to see the alliance fight with fire in their eyes once more, as we did in the past. Since Sword has stopped attacking so much, we have run out of targets, leaving only those who are in the middle, and quite strong. It may be that their time is running out, to leave more room for us...

Are you guys with me?
Back to top Go down
narbsy

narbsy

PostSubject: Re: Survey results: At war right now?   Survey results: At war right now? Icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2007 9:37 pm

If any of you were wondering, the cause of the poll and such is this series of messages, exchanged with Roarke, formerly of SC.

Quote :

War's cool.

You uh, do know that we are in a war right now?

At any time you could have attacked our enemies. Yep. What a novel idea.

To be honest, when I have to start reminding myself to play, it's not a game anymore, it's a job. And I already have a job. I am either going to be killed by everyone around me, or it will just be reallly interesting. I'm mixing it up.

Why did you leave SC, and not respond to tiki and my messages?

We thought you were inactive/deleting.

GALACTUS ROARKE HATES YOUR FARMING WAYS!

BOW TO GALACTUS ROARKE!!

Why did you do that?
Back to top Go down
Plunder You

Plunder You

Number of posts : 196
Registration date : 2007-04-12

PostSubject: Re: Survey results: At war right now?   Survey results: At war right now? Icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2007 10:06 pm

I've been following all the attacks, and view the current attacks as some knid of middle ground between war and just feeling around and getting to know the enemies tendancies. I agree. We must step things up. We should first focus on everyone in the North since thats where we are the strongest and have claimed this portion of the map. People like Ceaser, Piddle (even though this wil be tough), and others mentioned above. If this is going to happen, an IGM should be sent out to let everyone know to stop village growth and put it all to offensive troops and defensive troops if they don't have enough already. Then after a week or so, we can all attack and allow wheat production to go back positive since a loss of troops is expected. But yeah, we must let people you trust (as many as you can) to know how the attacks will go, or people not knowing will just have a large amount of troops chillin in their base and playing scrabble with the elders.
Back to top Go down
http://www.indulgeband.com/
narbsy

narbsy

PostSubject: Re: Survey results: At war right now?   Survey results: At war right now? Icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2007 10:15 pm

Well, the only problem with that Plunder, is that we have Sword spies in SL and SC. This hampers sending MM's because, well, they know about all our operations beforehand, and it kinda cramps our style, them being defended and all... or us being attacked.

We've been trying to use the forum and IRC, but apparently, that hasn't been working.

Also, if you read a post or two down from this (the bulletin), full war production was called for... >.<
Back to top Go down
tikibug
Admin
tikibug

Number of posts : 780
Registration date : 2007-02-22

PostSubject: Re: Survey results: At war right now?   Survey results: At war right now? Icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2007 10:20 pm

Hunh, interesting poll narbs...

I will have to admit, first with the forums and now IRC, mass IGMs have become a lot less used although not a terrible amount of people use the forums regularly, and only a handful the IRC channel. I'm sure it gets annoying hearing us say it over and over again, and not everyone is able to get on the IRC/has the time for it, but definitely peruse these forums on a daily basis, and try to get on IRC when you can. Especially IRC has proved to be an invaluable tool for coordination in real-time, and having even more people on there means even more fun to be had Very Happy In addition to that though, we'll make sure everyone can keep involved by probably going back to more MM action.

So who's up for some fun?
Back to top Go down
jabatin

Number of posts : 198
Registration date : 2007-03-20

PostSubject: Re: Survey results: At war right now?   Survey results: At war right now? Icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2007 10:33 pm

mmmmmmmmm.....yummy fun
isn't that whats this game about Smile

if it weren't for conflicts then there would be no fun in this game
so why don't we be good kids and let others join the fun Very Happy Very Happy
and do a little smashy smashy
Back to top Go down
Plunder You

Plunder You

PostSubject: Re: Survey results: At war right now?   Survey results: At war right now? Icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2007 10:37 pm

lets kick some ass. tomorrow I will use all my resources I aquired overnight and make more imperians.
Back to top Go down
diamond

Number of posts : 145

PostSubject: Re: Survey results: At war right now?   Survey results: At war right now? Icon_minitimeThu May 10, 2007 9:30 am

I want to fight also!! Twisted Evil I have started my catas and Im up to a 'few' now!!
Back to top Go down
zzz_elchingon

Number of posts : 475
Registration date : 2007-03-02

PostSubject: Re: Survey results: At war right now?   Survey results: At war right now? Icon_minitimeThu May 10, 2007 9:57 am

"We need to step this war up. Again. Elchingon and his contingent have done more damage to - than the rest of us combined; he took down Nailzz and Lunchbox. Can any of you say you've done more than that?"

Let me state though that several other players had as much to do with the fall of those two players from - as I did. Saito having put in as many troops and time into that project as I had...

As our ally (or should-be ally) wrote me last night when I mentioned finding a new -,+,^ target, "Why not? Let's keep rolling!"
Back to top Go down
zzz_elchingon

Number of posts : 475
Registration date : 2007-03-02

PostSubject: Re: Survey results: At war right now?   Survey results: At war right now? Icon_minitimeThu May 10, 2007 10:05 am

We also had members from RING, -RING-, EAST, EMPIRE, and AeM heavily involved. There are friends of Shadow out there folks, just try to feel out where they are. Write players in your area, find a target and write the folks near them to try and work out a pact.

In Nailzz's case we contacted his farms and had them build troops for the first time and hide them so when the window was open they could start farming him back. This provided a valuable path for us as he was losing resources and had to try and rebuild as well as retrain and dodge attacks round the clock, attacks we couldn't do from so far away.

Work out a strategy: generally farms are overly anxious to tell their story of repression and will happily give you attack reports. They are also more than driven to get back at their aggressor.
Back to top Go down
Lord Saxman

Lord Saxman

Number of posts : 1847
Registration date : 2007-02-25

PostSubject: Re: Survey results: At war right now?   Survey results: At war right now? Icon_minitimeThu May 10, 2007 12:34 pm

It's funny... I don't think parts of - realize they're at war either. And they're down to 53 members in the main wing! We heard on their IRC that they didn't even know that LunchBox was getting destroyed.

We've got four delete successes so far that I know about.
Praetor
Greywolf
CamNeely
LunchBox

Let's get more!!! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
pixi3wings

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2007-04-19

PostSubject: Re: Survey results: At war right now?   Survey results: At war right now? Icon_minitimeThu May 10, 2007 10:08 pm

I would also like to join in the attack. Now that I have my croppers I can build many troops.

Question; how do you know there are spys amongst us? How do we weed them out and stomp them too? That makes me nervous.
Back to top Go down
narbsy

narbsy

PostSubject: Re: Survey results: At war right now?   Survey results: At war right now? Icon_minitimeThu May 10, 2007 10:28 pm

We know there are spies because there have been leaks of MM ... and because I've been told such by a few members of - that I trust.

Anyways, we've been trying to limit their effectiveness by sending fewer MM that make a difference in an attack; we'll send defensive ones more readily than offensive, because a raid or two was ruined for that reason alone.

Best way to do attacks - pick a target, and ask us if it's feasible, and if there are any nearby allies around to help. Smile
Back to top Go down
Judy

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2007-05-24

PostSubject: This war is a good cause   Survey results: At war right now? Icon_minitimeThu May 24, 2007 9:23 pm

I recently left - to join this alliance. I left because I was under heavy attack and although I had sent reinforcements to everyone from nailzz to secretsomeone I got zero support. They didn't even reply to my messages. I was by no means their smallest member. I believe i fell somewhere in the middle. I think that there are a very few at the top who want unquestioning alliegence and have no intention of repaying the favor. They will not be that difficult to take out in my opinion. We will have to work together as you did when you attacked me. Secretsomeone would never be able to survive if all of his villages were hit with multiple attacks at once in large numbers. The only reason that I can see for his high position is the numbers of troops he has and the strength of his villages. Hit them and keep hitting them and he'll be gone. Jus my opinion for what it's worth. It is unfortunate that a few very loyal and good players are being duped into believing that - is an honorable alliance. They are not.
Back to top Go down
Plunder You

Plunder You

PostSubject: Re: Survey results: At war right now?   Survey results: At war right now? Icon_minitimeThu May 24, 2007 9:33 pm

Welcome Judy! If you ever need help with anything, send a message out to one of the leaders and we will send as many troops needed to take care of your problem. Glad to have you.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Survey results: At war right now?   Survey results: At war right now? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Survey results: At war right now?
Page 1 of 1