Share | 

Not to Gripe But....

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Gnomish Mustard

Number of posts : 170
Registration date : 2007-03-01

PostSubject: Not to Gripe But....   Tue Oct 09, 2007 1:45 pm

For me it seems like every time I get a request to help someone, they are 8-10 hours away from me, and the request is 5 hours before everything lands.

Just now I was asked to help a beserk member, arrival at 4:30. No problem, I want to help our allies, wait, even with a TS I am 8 hours away.

Same with Random, and the others that we have requested to help.

But when I look on my map, I see Shadow members all around me.

I can't figure out what is happening, or if there is something we can do to further air ourselves and allies. My prats are just sitting here waiting to assist.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.theoriginalgamer.com
danmac64

Number of posts : 329
Registration date : 2007-09-03

PostSubject: Re: Not to Gripe But....   Tue Oct 09, 2007 1:50 pm

Our communication has gone to shit to be honest. Players that are getting attacked aren't say anything until its too late. This isn't exactly anyones fault though..TF/WE/Omen will fake for 3 days before attacking. No one wants to call for reinforcements for villages and have them all be fakes.

We all just need to be more alert, once you have 3 alliances faking you constantly you can be your going to get hit. They aren't wasting all that coordination on nothing..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lord Saxman

Number of posts : 1847
Registration date : 2007-02-25

PostSubject: Re: Not to Gripe But....   Tue Oct 09, 2007 2:23 pm

Yeah, part of it is communication. The other part is that the front lines are distance from some people right at the map center or deep in the NE. Attacking dense population centers is pretty risky, because you can mobilize lots of troops with relatively short notice... which is why fringe players typically keep getting hit.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gnomish Mustard

Number of posts : 170
Registration date : 2007-03-01

PostSubject: Re: Not to Gripe But....   Tue Oct 09, 2007 2:24 pm

Ah, that makes more sense then.

So, who do we go after next as we are against the whole server now. hahaha
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.theoriginalgamer.com
Lord Saxman

PostSubject: Re: Not to Gripe But....   Tue Oct 09, 2007 2:32 pm

We keep hitting OMEN/TF! Although with distance and gold to rebuild, it's getting harder and harder to kill players and/or convince them to delete... especially if they've made it this long in the server without giving up already. Still possible, though!!

Also, we still have the whole NE full of allies, SHK in the NW, and increasingly WW in the SE/South Central on our side.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Haawk

Number of posts : 345
Registration date : 2007-05-20

PostSubject: Re: Not to Gripe But....   Tue Oct 09, 2007 3:13 pm

8-10 HOURS???

Hell, every time I send reinforcements, it's on the order of 26-30 hours! (sometimes over 40 hours) I've still got 10- 12k troops out defending at all times.

I try to watch the attack logs, see where we're getting hit, and get some guys out there to cover it.... a day and a half later...

However, it seems to happen that when people get hit, if it's successful, there are follow-up attacks, so having the D there late usually helps anyway.

Also, if your troops come in late (especially romans), that's fine...it allows the defenders to send back the closer / faster reinforcements so they can be redeployed, and keep your strong / efficient / slow troops to cover.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bobthefourth

Number of posts : 66
Registration date : 2007-07-08

PostSubject: Re: Not to Gripe But....   Tue Oct 09, 2007 6:47 pm

We may consider reshaping the alliances based on location...that way we can respond easier.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
oscar

Number of posts : 69
Registration date : 2007-02-22

PostSubject: Re: Not to Gripe But....   Tue Oct 09, 2007 6:53 pm

Quote :
However, it seems to happen that when people get hit, if it's successful, there are follow-up attacks, so having the D there late usually helps anyway.

That is good, if the defending city keeps your troops. I am more than willing to support the troops, I send, with wheat daily untill the problem is handled, but it seems the moment my troops arrive they are sent back.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lord Saxman

PostSubject: Re: Not to Gripe But....   Tue Oct 09, 2007 7:01 pm

That's pretty common too... there's been TONS of fake attacks in this war, and sometimes troops come from so many places that it's hard to keep track and send everyone IGMs about the attacks being fakes. We definitely can't win the war without everyone's help, and even if the troops come right back, they are making a difference.

Long distance defense is critical for relieving front line troops that can be more mobile, and also critical when we need to maintain long term defenses for villages that are under ongoing siege.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sudo

Number of posts : 81
Registration date : 2007-07-08

PostSubject: Re: Not to Gripe But....   Wed Oct 10, 2007 1:36 pm

I have also noticed having troops sent back as soon as they arrive to reinforce. I am several hours away from most people that need reins. as well. An idea might be to send out a message everyday, that lists all players and villages still in need of reins. That way if a player who is several hours away is going to need reins. for more than just a timed defense, us players who are farther away know where best to send our troops. The MMs are fine, they let me know who's in need of reins. now. But when I send troops they get sent back right away. Then later, the same player needs reins. again in the same village and is wondering where all his help is. If a player is going to need long term reins. then send it out in a message with all the villages that need it. If that makes sense? I can mass produce level 20 praets from several villages now, but if they keep getting sent back to me right after they reach their target I'm going to run out of wheat real fast.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
resol123

Number of posts : 365
Registration date : 2007-05-29

PostSubject: Re: Not to Gripe But....   Wed Oct 10, 2007 4:18 pm

can i ask, if the villages ur sending have a t-square? if u r sending it from villa wit t0square, then that is really far o.o
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Not to Gripe But....   

Back to top Go down

Not to Gripe But....
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1